But I can't concentrate. It's 71 Fahrenheit outside, it has just rained, the fan is blowing, and I'm listening to George Winston and Chopin. I don't even have anything in particular to write about. Besides the fact that I am not a fan of homework at the moment. Anything, I suppose, to keep me from reading sentences such as, "If your intentions are positive, accurate, and reciprocated by the people with whom you are interacting, your intercultural competence will likely be enhanced."
Aha! This is what prompted the post. I just returned (well, around 11) from my small group meeting. I'm so glad I got to be in the same small group as last semester. I love it. I am reminded once again why I love being here. We spent 2 1/2 hours just ... talking. Talking about our summers, the not so fun spots, the frustrating times, but also the laughs and the joy.
This is what I love about Taylor. Just being. And knowing that there are people I can tell about Me, the real, nasty, gritty, failing, human Me. I can't think of a way to continue here without sounding cliche. I don't want to be. It's not. Or, on the other hand, maybe phrases like "loving me for who I really am" are cliche for a reason. Because they're used so much. And they're true.
Anyway, this random babbling and rambling signifies that I must leave you and return to the depth which is homework. I leave you with another inspiring line from my Intercultural Competence book: "By appropriate we mean those behaviors that are regarded as proper and suitable given the expectations generated by a given culture, the constraints of the specific situation, and the nature of the relationship between the interactants."
Goodnight.
1 comment:
I would so need a dictionary to understand a sentance of your Intercultural Competance.
Post a Comment